Sunday 4 January 2015

What is the Geography of Geography?
I am writing about the geography of geography. In the beginning I found this title quite challenging and I struggled to grasp it. To over come this and get my head round it, I looked up the definition of geography and found it was:

A field of science dedicated to the study of the lands, the features, the inhabitants, and the phenomena of the Earth. A literal translation would be "to describe or write about the Earth".


Therefore I will be writing about, in terms of the lands, the features, the inhabitants, and the phenomena of the Earth, the describing of the earth or more simply I will be writing about how people described the earth. I want to learn how the study of geography has changed of differs between different cultures, ages, regions and political groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment